Thursday, March 12, 2015

Husk Bar 3/10/2015

The four of us had an awesome dinner at Fulton Five (highly recommend a visit) and then, since we hadn't gotten downtown in time for pre-dinner drinks, we decided, what the hell - after dinner drinks!

Of course Husk Bar was the first choice.  Daryl (hope I spelled that right) and Brian were there working their asses off making the delicious and unique, but complicated drinks.  We of course had Ham on a Plate (technically barrel stave but I keep calling it by its original name).  Lovely slices of salt cured Virginia ham.  We also had the pimento cheese.

The beers were Westbrook and Highland.  Ox had a barrel aged Manhattan which is my go to drink.  They combine Bourbons and other ingredients and age for over a month.  Updated regularly and if you like whiskey, you'll love these.

The ladies tried a couple unique drinks that tasted great, but I didn't write them down and no one's around to remind me what they were, so maybe a later update.

Who am I kidding - I'll never remember to update this.

Anyway...

Go to Fulton Five (make a reservation) and got to Husk Bar.  In fact, go to both!  It makes for a perfect food and drink night.

P.S. Don't let Fulton Five not getting a lot of ink in this post make you think they don't deserve recognition, but this is a Sean Brock stalker blog after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment